You’ve hit that time in which you are sick of the dinning hall’s food. Weather you don’t like it’s regularity or the taste, have no fear! Every UW dorm has a kitchen. Some dorms like Dejope have a kitchen on every floor while most of the South East dorms only have kitchens in the basement. Heres how I maximized my dorm kitchen even though it was in a different building!
Here are some things you will need to think about before your culinary adventure:
- What pots and pans do you need? UW allows you to rent out cooking dishes from your front desk.
- Do you have knifes, cutting boards or bowls? How will you chop and mix ingredients? Create a compressive list with EVERYTHING you will need
- Do you have cleaning supplies? Be a good person and clean your dishes and your mess before you leave.
- What will you eat on/with? Do you have plates and silverware?
- What time are you planning on using the kitchen? 6-7pm is peak time for dinner
Time to cook:
- Create an action plan & Do your research!
- What are you going to make? How many ingredients do you need to buy?
- Get all your supplies- utilize your bus pass and head over to Trader Joes or Metcalfe (use the 2 or 10)
- Cook, Clean, Eat and Enjoy!
Cooking in your dorm kitchen is always a nice change of pace from the dinning hall! Just make sure you think things through before starting to cook.
Bon Appetite & Happy Cooking!