Congratulations, you’ve survived your first semester of college! So… what now? I’m sure you don’t even remember what it was like to not cry 5 times a week or have nothing to do, and now you’re going to have a whole month off. What better way to spend your relaxing break than in the comfort of your own home.
Here are some reasons why spending your winter break at home is the way to go!
- Your bed
- You have spent the past semester sleeping on what the university likes to call a “mattress”. Your bed at home feels like a heavenly cloud compared to what you’ve had to sleep on for the past 5 months. The happiness that you feel when you crawl into your bed for your first night home is truly irreplaceable.
- You can actually drive places
- Goodbye Uber! Whether you have your own car back at home or your parents let you borrow theirs, you have freedom to drive anywhere you want. It’s a lot easier to motivate yourself to go to the gym when you can actually drive there instead of having to trek to the Natatorium in the cold.
- It’s been so long since you’ve seen your high school buddies and now is your chance to catch up with them! Whether you plan a small trip together over break or just get together in someone’s basement, you’ll be happy you got to spend time with them.
- Home is where your dog is and nothing is better than cuddling with your dog. Nothing.