The avocado is one of the best foods. Period. It contains healthy fats (believe it or not, your body needs fat!), tons of whole nutrients (fiber, potassium, B-vitamins, etc), and leaves you feeling full but not overly bloated. But have you branched out of the standard avocado-on-a-burger or avocad0-on-a-salad? Avocados are actually great on their own and yes, they can be fried (!) in a healthy way.
Introducing: Avocado Fries
Want this deliciousness to happen ASAP? Follow the following simple recipe for yummy, savory and healthy avocado fries.
For one serving you’ll need:
Flaxseed meal (for breading)
Spices to taste
- Slice Avocado into “fries”. Confused on how to do this? See this video
- Crack an egg and whisk it until the yolk is distributed evenly.
- Mix flaxseed (or any other flour/meal), sea salt, and spices in another bowl
- Dip each “fry” in the egg and then roll into the meal mix until evenly coated
- Fill a skillet pan with coconut oil, turn to med-high heat to heat oil
- Toss fries in pan, frying on one side until golden brown and then flipping.
- Remove from oil and pat with paper towel to dry excess oil
Avocado fries are a great snack and healthy alternative to regular potato fries which contain a lot of starch and sugar. Give this recipe a try with your next avocados!